Student Visa Requirements in Australia
You like to have control of your visa application. We can guide you.
The Australian Government provides an opportunity to international students to study in Australia but as a prerequisite, you’ll have to obtain a student visa for pursuing your chosen course in the country.
Which visa do you need?
The visa you need will depend on the type of study you want to do, and how long you want to stay in Australia. You can find out more about each type of visa on the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website.
You apply online
The information you need for your visa application will depend on your nationality and which course you’re studying. You will generally need:
- Proof of enrolment (your Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment)
- Your health insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover) policy details
- Your Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Evidence of your English skills (your counsellor can book your place in the IELTS test)
- Statement of purpose
- Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare).
- A valid passport
- Your visa application fee
- Academic and work experience documents